Expert Speech Therapy In Southaven MS – It’s Our Mission
Providing expert speech therapy in Southaven, MS is our mission. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for clients and their families by enhancing their communication and/or feeding skills. Our speech therapy services are designed to be family-centered, individualized, evidence-based, and fun!
Lee Anne Morgan, MS, CCC-SLP
Lee Anne is an ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist. She received her Master of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the Mississippi University for Women. She specializes in early childhood language development.
Communication is one of the most important gifts we have. We use communication to have our needs and wants met, to establish and maintain relationships, and to understand how the world works around us. For a child with a speech and/or language delay, communication is not easy. This can be very frustrating for the child as well as the entire family. As a speech-language pathologist, I have encountered children with many types of speech/language and feeding/swallowing delays, and I have seen the impact that speech therapy can have on their quality of life. I encourage families not to wait to see if their child will “grow out of” a speech/language delay. Speech therapy can help, and starting early is key. I provide a thorough evaluation and develop a customized treatment plan to meet the needs of each individual child. I also use a family-centered approach in order to provide families with the tools they need to encourage speech/language development at home.
Common diagnoses treated by Speech-Language Pathologists:
- Language Delay/Late Talking
- Feeding/Oral Motor Difficulties
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Genetic Syndromes
- Articulation (speech sound) and motor speech disorders, including apraxia/dyspraxia, dysarthria
- Neurological disorders (e.g., Cerebral Palsy, traumatic brain injury, stroke)
- Receptive and Expressive language disorders/delays
- Phonological Disorders
- Craniofacial abnormalities
- Cleft lip/palate
- Pragmatic/Social Language Disorders
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Hearing Impairments and/or multi-sensory impairments
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Cognitive/Attention Impairments
- Literacy and pre-literacy issues
Click here to learn about what to expect